Sunday, December 23, 2007

Stuck... get me out of here!

It is now Sunday evening and I have now been at KCI (Kansas City International Airport) for over 24 hours. It all started when I boarded my flight on Saturday around 1:45 pm with snow falling outside, heavy snow. This caused the ground workers to take more time loading the bags onto the plane, and the snow turned into snow and ice and prevented us from taking off. We waited on the plane for a 2-3 hours with the hope that the weather would clear but to no avail. A few minutes after 4 pm the flight was cancelled and we were left to rebook on a Sunday flight, in my case leaving KCI for DCA (Washington, DC Reagan National Airport) at 7 pm, 30 mins ago and counting. It appears that the flight going to DCA is coming from LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), and that flight isn't scheduled to arrive before 10:20 pm. All this is due to Saturday's weather which has caused a domino effect resulting in delays on just about any flight. But now that I think about it, the weather started getting better late Saturday night (ie it stopped snowing) and was sunny today, so this domino effect has some rather far-reaching effects in my opinion.
Anyway, I will wait for the flight, and as long as I make it to DCA before 7:25 am Monday morning so that I can catch my flight to FLL (Fort Lauderdale International Airport) I will be content. In the meantime I will enjoy all the amenities KCI has to offer which I am afraid to say are rather bare!

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive