Wednesday, February 27, 2008

camp phoenix sunrise

I woke up this morning and was on my way to answer nature's call when
I saw a few people taking pictures of the sky. I looked in the
direction they were shooting and went back to get my camera, nature
could wait a little longer. The problem with nature calls is that
because of the elevation here, if I don't stay hydrated I get this
painful headaches. Luckily there is free bottled water (tap water is
not safe for human consumption) readily available throughout the
camp. The only negative aspect is having to wake up a few times in
the night. Luckily the weather is quite pleasant and I am able to
walk outside in shorts and a t-shirt. And it is even nicer during the
day, sunny with blue skies, temperatures in the 60's.
Link to the sunrise:

http://flickr.com/photos/ericbeta/sets/72157603997801688/

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive