Thursday, March 20, 2008

32

As I sit back contemplating 32, let me look back at the previous 31.
0-4 were spent in France (could have been 0-3 but I don't quite
remember), probably all in or near Lyon.
4 (3?)-14 were spent in Belgium, either in Genval or Brussels with a
possible few exceptions. I had yet to discover beer!
15-17 must have been spent in Quito, Ecuador. Not sure if we had
power or not.
18 was celebrated in Caracas, Venezuela. This was well before Hugo!
19-31 were all over the United States, with possibly one or two of
those spent underwater in the vast Pacific Ocean aboard the mighty P!
And now 32, in Herat, Afghanistan!
Isn't life beautiful?

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive