Thursday, March 27, 2008

return to Herat


They decided to have us ride back to Kabul airport in the "Mad Max" bus, it almost felt like being on one of those tour buses! And I had a better vantage point to take pictures, and somewhat cleaner windows but they did have a blue hue. Hopefully I got some good street shots, and I tried to find as many burkhas as possible. I think they'd make for a great Halloween costume, they look like real life ghosts! I am definitely getting me one before I leave.
The flight back was on a C-130, my back is still traumatized from having to sit against the wall with a bolt protruding into the right side.

more pictures

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive