Monday, March 10, 2008

Six Feet Under

Now that I have a chair to sit on in my luxurious suite I thought I'd start watching the shows I brought with me on DVD, and I watched the first episode of Six Feet Under. I had only watched a couple episodes before and thought I might like it, and since the whole 5 seasons was on sale I thought it would be a good way to spend some of my time over the next 9 months (actually it's more like 8.5 months now!).
Well after watching the pilot I think I will enjoy the series very much. For those who haven't seen it it is a rather unique show about a family that owns a funeral parlor, and it has just about everything for everyone: sex, drugs, dysfunctional families, gays, interracial couples. The first episode starts with the father going to pick up a brand new hearse, and he dies in a car accident with a bus. How is that for a beginning? No wonder the show was picked up by HBO and they made 5 seasons worth of it, all of which I will enjoy over the next several weeks.
So if you get sent to Afghanistan you might consider bringing Six Feet Under with you, it'll keep you busy for a little while.

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive