Sunday, November 25, 2007

in San Diego

I left Annapolis this morning, was driven to the nearest metro station, rode the metro for close to 1 hour, then took a shuttle to Dulles airport. A five hour flight later I am back in San Diego, where my submarine career began, and ended. Other than my name being misspelled (2 Ts), apparently not a big security issue as I made it through, the trip went smoothly. And it is nice to be back in San Diego, the last of civilization I will see for the next 12 months or so (Kansas isn't very developed, and besides, I'll be on an Army base!).
My orders have me reporting at 0730 Monday morning but I checked in today and learned I have to be some place at 0500 for uniform fitting, along with 270 other fools. Fortunately that'll be more like 0800 since I am coming over from the east coast. I will nevertheless go out in town tonight for some dinner (might as well eat well while I still can), and will definitely make it over to Old Town for Mexican and mango margheritas once or twice. And let's not forget about In 'N Out and Fatburger!

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive