Thursday, February 28, 2008

departure for Herat

Our departure for Herat has been delayed by two days to Sunday 2
March, 2008. This is most likely due to the unavailability of air
assets, not that I mind staying in Camp Phoenix a little longer as I
have nothing to do here yet my days spent here count towards my boots
on ground counter. I added a 270 day countdown to a calendar I have
and Day 270 falls on 20 November, 2008. It's never too early to look
at the end, but as you can imagine the happiness factor right now is
fairly low. What is the happiness factor you ask? You divide the
number of days already spent on deployment by the number of days
remaining on deployment, it starts at 0 and goes to infinity. As it
gets higher, I will be happier until I become ecstatic, not quite the
case right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

La petite troupe m'a fait part de ton idee d'un calendrier pour faire le compte a rebours! STP, vu ma bosse des maths inexistantes, pourrais-tu m'expliquer comment faire ton calendrier comme tu le fais. Tu es si mignon sur cette photo sans tout cet attirail de "torture" qui te fait doubler de volume. Du coups, je vais regarder ton journal increvable. Comme toi, ns ne serons qu'en EXTASE le jour ou on te reverra. Le pire des ouragans de larmes de JOIE!

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive