Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday morning

On my way to drop off my laundry, not much else to do right now but
find new pictures to take from around Camp Phoenix, and with the
scenery around here sunrises and sunsets are always good candidates.
I have never felt as close to being an inmate in a correctional
facility as I do now, trapped in a compound with high walls and
concertina wire and guard shacks, very limited activities available,
spending most of my time on my bunk doing what an inmate might do,
listen to music, read, play games, and that's about it. Oh, I could
also spend 1 hour a day working out as an inmate would but I live out
of my seabags right now until we finally make it to Herat (scheduled
for sunday) so I don't want to unpack and get more dirty laundry than
I have to. The only consolation is that the days spent here count
towards my boots on ground counter but if I am as bored as I am now
it'll be a very looooong 9 months!
Anyway, here are some more pictures (another way to spend my quality
time here).

1 comment:

Today: In Seven said...

This blog is a good idea. It looks barren and desolate there but I hope everything is well. Keep safe! Am looking forward to upcoming posts.

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive