Tuesday, July 15, 2008

going back... reluctantly

I am heading back shortly for four more months of "fun" in the sun, going to Atlanta first then on to Kuwait via Germany then back to Afghanistan. It should take me a few days, depending on how quickly I get a flight from Bagram to Herat, and then I will pretty much just wait for the next four months to go by! I might get a four day pass to go to a base in Qatar but otherwise I will not get anymore "days off". But I will be able to go through the few pictures I took during my two weeks back in civilization and will share those once I am done. These two weeks were good but made me realize what I miss by being over there, but I will be able to buy me a home when I return, really the only benefit of this whole ordeal.

No comments:

the belgian submariner

My photo
Arlington, VA, United States
50% South African, 25% Belgian, 25% Russian; born in Lyon, grew up in Belgium, Ecuador and Venezuela; attended the US Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the Navy (3 in San Diego); transferred to the Navy Reserves and settled in Alexandria, VA

Blog Archive